- RSS Channel Showcase 9216471
- RSS Channel Showcase 4765647
- RSS Channel Showcase 8638359
- RSS Channel Showcase 3394587
Articles on this Page
- 02/22/17--17:03: _My Quarterly Market...
- 03/21/17--19:06: _Lending Club and Pr...
- 03/27/17--13:53: _Invest Efficiently ...
- 04/04/17--14:25: _How I am Investing ...
- 04/06/17--16:58: _Renaud Laplanche is...
- 04/13/17--09:00: _Lending Club Releas...
- 04/24/17--20:26: _The Five Key Elemen...
- 05/04/17--16:19: _Lending Club Q1 201...
- 05/09/17--12:08: _Lending Club and Ma...
- 05/17/17--15:39: _Lending Club Increa...
- 05/18/17--10:17: _A Review of the Big...
- 05/22/17--20:23: _My Quarterly Market...
- 05/23/17--15:16: _Lending Club Publis...
- 05/25/17--12:07: _A Look Back at Lend...
- 06/26/17--10:18: _The Fastest Consume...
- 02/22/17--17:03: My Quarterly Marketplace Lending Results – Q4 2016
- 03/21/17--19:06: Lending Club and Prosper Tax Information for 2017
- 03/27/17--13:53: Invest Efficiently with a Lending Club or Prosper IRA
- 04/04/17--14:25: How I am Investing in Lending Club and Prosper in 2017
- 04/13/17--09:00: Lending Club Releases iOS App For Investors
- 04/24/17--20:26: The Five Key Elements for New Lending Club and Prosper Investors
- 05/04/17--16:19: Lending Club Q1 2017 Earnings Results Review
- 05/18/17--10:17: A Review of the Biggest Allocations to Consumer Lending Platforms
- 05/22/17--20:23: My Quarterly Marketplace Lending Results – Q1 2017
- 05/23/17--15:16: Lending Club Publishes Vintage Performance Data
- 05/25/17--12:07: A Look Back at Lending Club’s 10 Years as an Online Lender
- 06/26/17--10:18: The Fastest Consumer Lenders to $1 Billion in Originations
Regular readers know that this is one the most popular features on Lend Academy. I have been sharing my detailed quarterly returns with readers since 2011 and I will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I know investors are most interested in returns, in particular how they have been trending over time. You can go […]
The post My Quarterly Marketplace Lending Results – Q4 2016 appeared first on Lend Academy.
[Disclaimer: I am not an accountant nor am I qualified to provide tax advice. This post shares how Lending Club and Prosper are presenting their tax information this year. You should seek professional advice before taking action on any of the ideas presented here.] Every year we share what investors can expect when filing their […]
The April 18, 2017 tax deadline also marks your last chance to fund a new traditional IRA or Roth IRA for 2016. Both Lending Club and Prosper allow you to open up retirement accounts. You can also transfer money from an existing IRA to either company which can be done at any time. In this post I’ll share why it […]
The post Invest Efficiently with a Lending Club or Prosper IRA appeared first on Lend Academy.
In the early days of Lend Academy I regularly wrote about my investment strategy for Lending Club and Prosper. I discussed the wonders of filtering and how analysis of historical trends can really boost returns. There is a popular saying, though, when it comes to investing: “past performance is no guarantee of future returns”. So it goes with marketplace lending. […]
The post How I am Investing in Lending Club and Prosper in 2017 appeared first on Lend Academy.
Just before Christmas last year I went to San Francisco to sit down for a chat with former Lending Club CEO Renaud Laplanche. This was the first time we had met face to face since his departure from Lending Club in May of last year. While we talked about Lending Club, the focus of our […]
The post Renaud Laplanche is Back with a New Consumer Lending Platform Called Upgrade appeared first on Lend Academy.
In early March at LendIt USA 2017, Lending Club teased that an iOS app was coming soon. The app, which launched today is entirely focused on investors, it is not a borrowing app. The Lend Academy team was able to get exclusive access to the app pre-launch to check it out for ourselves. For the first […]
April is officially Financial Literacy Month here in the United States so with that in mind I am providing this resource for new investors in Lending Club and Prosper. While many of these principals apply to investing in marketplace lending more broadly I am focusing on these two companies since they are still the two […]
The post The Five Key Elements for New Lending Club and Prosper Investors appeared first on Lend Academy.
Today, Lending Club announced earnings for the first quarter of 2017. The company reported originations of $1.96 billion, down 1% from Q4 2016 originations of $1.99 billion. Revenue also fell slightly to $124.5 million from $130.5 million in Q4 2016. The company reported a net loss of $29.8 million, down from a loss of $32.3 million in the […]
It came as a complete shock to everyone. When I woke up on May 9th last year I could not believe the news I was reading. Renaud Laplanche had been forced to resign from Lending Club, a company that he had founded and where he was the public face. Back then everyone wondered about the […]
The post Lending Club and Marketplace Lending – One Year On from Renaud Laplanche’s Ouster appeared first on Lend Academy.
Until today new investors at Lending Club could open an account with as little as $25. This has now changed. Going forward to open a new account at Lending Club you must deposit $1,000. The $25 minimum investment per loan still applies but you will no longer be able to start an account with less than $1,000. Now, […]
The post Lending Club Increases Minimum Investment to Open an Account to $1,000 appeared first on Lend Academy.
With worldwide rates continuing to stay low investors continue to look at alternative fixed income assets to earn larger returns. Online lending platforms offer a stable environment for higher yielding products and three large investors have made big plays in the last year. Credigy, a U.S. subsidiary of National Bank of Canada struck a $1.3bn […]
The post A Review of the Biggest Allocations to Consumer Lending Platforms appeared first on Lend Academy.
It is that time again when I share my investment returns. I like sharing these details because I believe in transparency and I know people are interested in my returns and how they are trending over time. I started out in marketplace lending many years ago with just Lending Club and Prosper but slowly have added new investments over […]
The post My Quarterly Marketplace Lending Results – Q1 2017 appeared first on Lend Academy.
Yesterday Lending Club filed a S-3ASR with the SEC which provides comprehensive and updated information on the business. For those who are interested in the inner workings of Lending Club’s business the document is a great resource to get your questions answered. While much of the information seemed to remain the same or similar, a portion of […]
It is hard to believe it has been 10 years since Lending Club started operations. Lending Club launched a marketing campaign and website celebrating their 10-year anniversary and outlining the major milestones for the company. What started out as a Facebook application has morphed into one of the largest online consumer lenders in the US. Despite the […]
The post A Look Back at Lending Club’s 10 Years as an Online Lender appeared first on Lend Academy.
In an interview on CNBC last week Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein shared some news about their consumer lending platform. He said that Marcus had already crossed $1 billion in total loans issued and was on track to cross $2 billion by the end of the year. Having launched in October 2016 Marcus crossed $1 […]
The post The Fastest Consumer Lenders to $1 Billion in Originations appeared first on Lend Academy.